Heffer, Clara Ann (1832- 1911)
Living at 3 (now 11) Harold Road 1891
Extract from Bedales School www.bedales.org.uk
Clara Ann Heffer (nee Cooke) was the widow of Henry Heffer, who had been a “Coachmaker employing 152 men” (according to 1861 census). Previously they had been living in Beulah Hill. Henry Heffer died in 1874, and Clara initially took over the business, although there is no reference to this in the 1891 census. However, her second son, Cecil Heffer is described as “Carriage builders salesman”. Clara appears in the 1911 census residing at 6 Ardlin Road, West Norwood. She died in July 1911, and is buried in West Norwood cemetery.