Lancaster Road is another South Norwood road of two halves. A series of grand Victorian villas on the southern and eastern sides complimented by 1920's houses of the Norhyrst Estate along the western edge.
Maps and Land Ownership
Only a very short section of Lancaster Road existed at the time of the survey of the 1863 OS map. It extended from the Goat House Bridge to the boundary of the Norhyrst estate. There were a few houses along its south western side; the large property at what is currently number 21 was already built. By the time of the 1894 survey the road had been extended and crossed Woodvale Avenue to join up with Auckland Road.