Chapel Road Congregational Chapel
This building was erected between 1819 and 1821 on land bought by William Salter from Benjamin Shaw, to whom it had been allotted by the Lambeth Manor Inclosure Commissioners. The church has a plain stock brick body made more imposing by a taller pedimented front which is stuccoed and contains a recessed Ionic porch at the centre. The flanking stuccoed wings have round-arched windows and were built as Sunday schools.
‘Norwood: Churches’, in Survey of London: Volume 26, Lambeth: Southern Area, ed. F H W Sheppard (London, 1956), pp. 173-180. British History Online