Pascall’s Brick Works
Pascall’s Pottery, Courtesy West Sussex Record Office.
During the 1800s there were numerous brick fields in South Norwood making use of the London clay to manufacture ‘London Yellow Stock’ bricks. A large field existed at the foot of south Norwood Hill from just after 1800. This was established by the Pascall family and after exhausting the local clay moved to nearby Blind Corner.